If you know someone who was involved with an outstanding product, program or campaign, and you think they deserve to be recognized for their achievements, nominate them for the 2016 COPA Awards Program!
The COPA Awards honour excellence and recognize the outstanding achievements of members throughout the last year. The recently introduced OP Rising Star and OP Professional of the Year give nominees even more opportunity to shine. All categories highlight the achievements of an individual in any department and at any level within their organization.
This year’s COPA Award Categories include:
- Individual Award of Excellence
- This award honours an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry within Canada through his/her extended commitment (15-plus years) to the industry, has demonstrated leadership, innovation, and responsibility as the cornerstones of his/her office products career.
- Longstanding Service Recognitions
- These recognitions are given to individuals who have been a part of the office products industry for 30 years or longer, and who have contributed to the longevity and success of the industry as a whole in Canada.
- OP Rising Star
- Although this individual has only been in the industry for a short time (up to five years), he/she has demonstrated a unique commitment to the success of the organization and the longevity of the OP industry. The successful candidate executes business objectives to achieve results and shows strong leadership ability, goes above and beyond routine work responsibilities and makes ongoing contributions to the community.
- OP Professional of the Year
- This award honours someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the company over the past year. This person’s notable achievements have made a significant difference in internal or external operations or community relations in administration, sales, marketing, operations, customer service, logistics, etc.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership
- This award honours companies that are driven to take great responsibility for how their businesses and work can impact and change the world, going above and beyond to benefit stakeholders, employees, community and the environment. Involvement can be in the areas of environmental responsibility (stewardship, sustainability and conservation); governance and ethics; workforce development; social investments; supply chain responsibility.
- Traditional Marketing Campaign
- This award honours a company that launched a new campaign, a single organized promotional activity, or a series of related promotions conducted in the current or previous year that reflects significant commitment to creativity and customer service, resulting in a high-impact message being successfully delivered to the marketplace.
- Online Marketing Campaign
- This award honours a company that successfully launched a new campaign, promotion, or program in the current or previous year, which reflects effective innovation in e-mail marketing; search marketing website and landing pages; web metrics; social media; or mobile media.
- Category Development
- This award recognizes a company that has applied a complete category or product line development approach to drive positive change in the entire category. The product must have been launched in the current or previous year and drives significant change within the category; demonstratable competency and expertise in merchandising execution across many channels; and has innovative and insightful marketing support with clear customer value.
- Innovative Product
- This award honours a company that has successfully introduced a new and unique business product to the Canadian marketplace that demonstrates creativity and imaginative skill, improves processes or decreases costs to end-users, is logical, useful, valuable and understandable, and reflects consistency with the company’s brand identity.
- People’s Choice: Best New Office Product of the Year
- The industry will vote on a list of contenders drawn from a shortlist of products in the CSR leadership, innovative and category development product categories.
For award details, categories and to submit nominations for a deserving candidate, go to www.copa.ca/awards-program. The submissions deadline is September 8, 2016, so don’t miss out on your chance to nominate someone who deserves to be recognized! Winners will be announced at the COPA Stars Gala & Fundraiser in November 2016.