If you missed the last presentation from Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC), you definitely won’t want to miss out this time around! Three speakers from PWGSC will be at the COPA Knowledge and Business Conference on May 5, 2015 covering three key areas for the office supplies industry:
1. PWGSC Procurement Strategy: How to Do Business with the Government of Canada?
The Government of Canada purchases approximately $20 billion of goods and services each year. This overview from the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) will provide key information about how to sell to the Government of Canada. This presentation will help you:
- Understand the procurement process
- Register in supplier databases
- Build relationships
- Search for opportunities
- Obtain security clearances
- Bid on opportunities
This information will be presented by P. Sivaraj, Regional Director, Ontario Region, Office of Small and Medium Enterprises, Public Works and Government Services Canada.
2. Overview of PWGSC’s Furniture Procurement Process
This overview will provide an understanding of all the furniture procurement instruments that currently exist in the Furniture and Office Supplies Division. This will include:
- The differences between a Standing Offer (SO) and a Supply Arrangement (SA)
- Overview of each procurement instrument that currently exists as SOs (Interconnecting Panel Systems, Remanufactured and Installed Based)
- A summary of the process by which identified users will follow to procure the goods and services and what is expected by the SO holder to bid on these requirements for each instrument.
- Provide an overview of each procurement instrument that currently exists as SAs (Office Seating, Freestanding and RFSA for Work Spaces)
- A summary of the process by which identified users will follow to procure the goods and services and what is expected by the SA holder to bid on these requirements for each instrument.
- New instrument that division is currently working on creating
This presentation will be made by Chantal Clouthier, Team Leader for Public Works and Government Services Canada. She is a member of the Furniture and Office Products division where she has been a leader for the past 5 years totaling 17 years of experience in various areas of expertise with PWGSC. She has a good knowledge of the furniture commodity and is responsible for processing procurements from the initiation through to the award phase.
3. Updates to PWGSC’s Standing Offer for Office Supplies 2016
Learn more about the solicitation strategy for the next round of Office Supplies Standing Offers (OSFB-2016) including a refresher on OSFB-2012, the team’s guiding principles and some of the changes being considered for OSFB-2016. This discussion will also include a demo for COPA members to participate in the PWGSC’s early engagement via Fluid and a presentation of the new product data provider of record for the next round of Office Supplies Standing Offers.
This discussion will be led by Paul Dorion, team leader, Strategic Support Services Division, Commercial and Consumer Products Directorate at PWGSC.
One-on-One Meetings with PWGSC
In addition to the three topics above, Paul Dorion and Chantal Clouthier will be available for 45 minute, one-on-one meetings with participants following the Conference. Meetings must be booked in advance and space is limited! Contact Nicole Gamble, 905-624-9462 ext. 223 or email@example.com, to book a meeting now.
Registration and Event Details