This position can be based in Central or Western Canada working with regional retailers, distributors, wholesalers} in the Writing Business Unit.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations for a specific account base within the division. Maximize the availability of our products in the appropriate channels of distribution consistent with our brand strategy with an emphasis on superior new product execution. Assist with strategies for their customers that enable Newell Brands to achieve best in class results. Assist with information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits through price optimization for Newell Brands and our customers. Assist with connectivity in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Communications and Operations.
- Deliver sales and profitability targets.
- Build customer relationships at buyer level and facilitates connectivity in other functional areas.
- Collect and use data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits.
- Assist in trade and finance through management of internal TPM system.
- Assist with Analytical support for Key Account Managers and National Account Managers.
- Develop with manager the business operating plan.
- Negotiates and manages trade funds to create customer and company value by consistently measuring and enforcing trade terms and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Works with demand planning to maintain sales forecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy
- Monitors the competitors’ brands and products as well as our market share, competitor market share, and target market share to understand shopper trends.
- Collaborates with trade marketing.
- Works with trade to implement methods that assist our customers for the divisions.
- Leverages our brands and product mix to improve profitability and meet customer, shopper, and Newell Brands targets
- Bachelors/University degree
- 4+ years sales and/or trade experience
- Persuasive / Sales Ability / Negotiation Skills
- Experience with a minimum $10M book of business
- Background in dealing with selling “the bag” of multiple brands across many categories
- Initiative & follow-through
- Solid analytical skills and acute attention to details
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead cross functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present data in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Conflict Management/Composure; Technical Knowledge
- 15-25% Travel
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Gerard.VanCraenenbroeck@newellco.com.