Are you ready to lead change?
More often than not, people are opposed to the idea of change. More often than not, it’s a really good idea to embrace that change, for it can have positive impacts on the way you do business and the success that you’ll reap as a result.
This February, the Canadian Hardware and Housewares Manufactures Association (CHHMA) and the Canadian Office Products Association (COPA) are putting on an educational seminar at the Richmond Hill Country Club about how you can successfully navigate and lead yourself and others through times of complex change.
The seminar, led by Peggy Grall, will include a highly interactive exploration of the latest thinking on how individuals and groups really can make change. As a group, participants will look at why people are resistant to change and how you can help yourself and others move past the personal and professional obstacles and roadblocks to achieving individual and organizational goals. Attendees will also brainstorm with Grall and work together to strategize approaches that they can put to use in their own organizations.
Participants will work together with Grall to:
- Identify the four organizational change environments and determine which leadership style is the most effective in each environment
Date: Friday, February 10, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: Richmond Hill Country Club (Richmond Room), 8905 Bathurst Street, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 0H4
Investment: $99 (plus HST) per person (COPA & CHHMA members eligible for two complimentary tickets – details below)
- Examine the Kotter & Bridges models of organizational change for a clearer understanding of how the concepts apply to their company’s change effort
- Uncover and support the psychological factors related to how organizations and individuals receive, integrate and process intense change
- Discover the six success factors that drive change excellence and how to move ahead in the absence of a success factor
By the end of the seminar, participants will:
- Have a better understanding of how to adjust leadership styles to leverage the contextual forces at work
- Have a better understanding of the models at work during organizational change initiatives and how to leverage the people power available
- Be able to identify emotional responses and resistance early on and choose more effective strategies to mitigate the effects of change on a sensitive workforce
- Have a better grasp on how individuals make organizational change happen—one conversation at a time—and can employ effective ways to interact with others to move them along the path toward the anticipated goal
Get Complimentary Tickets
CHHMA & COPA members will receive two complimentary tickets if their membership is paid by January 15, 2017; otherwise, the cost is $99 (plus HST) per person. For more information or to register for this information event, contact Nicole Gamble at email@example.com or (905) 624-9462, ext. 223.
About Peggy Grall
Peggy Grall is the President & CEO of Peggy Grall & Associates. She is a certified executive coach and former psychotherapist with 19 years experience in helping individuals and organizations make significant change, especially during times in which organizations are navigating mergers, moving facilities and initiating culture changes. She is an internationally recognized keynote speaker and is also the author of Just Change It! She is also the Toronto Chapter Chair for the Women President’s Organization.